Sunday, February 28, 2010

Under the cloak of Blog: Anonym, nom de guerre, alloynm, pseudonym



It so happened that my close friend had pinged me the link to his blog (when we were not so close) which i read recently ( Finally !!!). Had praised him how I liked the blog long time back itself :P . And I realize somehow there was a lack of consistency. He was a totally different person as if i didnt know him at all. Had I read it before only the whole knowing him would have been different.



The inconsistency could be because he was a different person then. Else it was intentional to portray a character which is not him. Or the case I want to discuss in his case: a true person but doesnt want to portray this attitude in reality.

It may seem that we are with this person day in and day out still this weird unsettled feeling of not knowing him well enough. But then entire lifetime is also not enough to know someone. But then the question of judging the person because of the blog arises. Or a peek into their personal life. Well one can say that he knew the consequences to write about it. Literally declare about him in public but may not reveal the same to the person sitting next to him the whole day.

Past few days I have been thinking that his silence was talking to me more than him. Trying to say something but not actually doing so. Hence (like me ofcourse) saying without saying it exactly. or saying it too abstractly. Well some of the questions have been solved. Also if it gives an advantage to understand a person better would I invade his privacy in social n/w sites? Is that ethical? Hopefully

P.S. I do want to make a statement - Sophistication and being good is almost mutually exclusive. But its complement need not be :P



The contradiction we find in such blogs is that trying not to reproduce exact character - personal and intended characters are mixed to form a falooda. Giving layers to the personality :P (ref to sherk) Finally it would take psychologist to decipher the true nature ( at any point of time.. for dynamic personalities like the one we are ref to here) Last but not least thanks to him i got to know the metamorphosis of thought process in the so called steel strong sex :P

Disclaimer: I might be judged for such a blog. But then if i can think i need not shy away from penning it down.

No comments: