Monday, February 10, 2014

Kala Ghoda - this year

From the time I discovered Mumbai, Kala Ghoda is the most waited for time of the year for me. More than even the festivals. Festivals would drive me back to home but Kala Ghoda is the time which would make me stay back. Reconsider even travel plans to exotic places. It is sheer inspiration for me from the people who dictate art in this city to who breathe art or even who has a view/different view about things. Well all of these work positively for me. There is a sense of excitement, not many around me can understand.


It is fusion and it expands my horizon of art. Let us say I have understanding about Music and Painting but this place oozes art across all forms. From Cooking to Literature to Theatre, I just didnt know how to cover all events happening in these 10 days.



Had to set priorities, covered few plays. Bonus for me: I reached late on day 1 and the crowd was less. Many of them packing up, but I got to talk to few of the creators. One downside was that I felt many of the installations were following a theme. It is possible they were asked to create based on a theme but not sure.

The success of my Kala Ghoda journey this year was to inspire one more soul to one more art form. Well I would get to see more plays here onwards. And a personal note for myself - I would want to see myself putting up a stall of my art work one of these years :) Kaash!!!


No comments: