Thursday, February 16, 2012

What to wish for

I always used to believe in silly things. I feel it some how still keep me in touch with my childhood. I dont want to loose my innocence. Most of the people who know me for a while know that there is an excitement when i see a mail van. 1. it is rare 2. they are going to be extinct soon.3. it is sorta of a modern tradition, and not exactly perfectly superstitious.

The Mail van thing goes like this - when you see a mail van, wish for something and cross your fingers. Wait for a black car, repeat the wish and unlock your fingers.



So today when i was on bus to airport and near the airport authority office premises i could see a mail van from far away. More by instinct I wished and I crossed my finger.

The trouble started when airport arrived. I realized that I need to get down and with fingers crossed. Both hands :P I needed to cross fingers that I don fall with all the luggage. But no more crossable fingers left. No more hands. All i could imagine Kaali maata - now i understood why gods needed more hands.

I am anxiously trying to look out for a black car. Bangalore is not that Hot that people would avoid black cars and still no black car. Huge parking like that in Airport and No black car. White everywhere. Few grey, few red. But no Black. The vajra bus came to an end. It was then I started to panic. For the first time i allowed people to go past me and get down the bus. I did get down with my luggage and my fingers crossed. Bad move to wait for the whole crowd to get down. Lo, there was incoming traffic of people. Stupid!!!

I was working my way through to reach. I can stay with crossed finger for the next 2 hours till i get out of CST, Mumbai. Else i can just forget abt it. For once, exception thought - i would have preferred to fly out to Chennai or Mysore to reduce the flight time. Ab aisa ho gaya ki - I was wishing for a black car more than what i actually wanted to wish. Lol. With no more fingers to cross nor a mail van, just ditch it - Be Practical.

No comments: