Thursday, March 1, 2012

Travel Plan 2012

Well I have been thinking of a great post. well all posts come from dil se. Jab tak dil ki ghanti nahi baji tab tak dimaag tak signal process karna chalu nahi karega.

Something that has always brought the ever distracted - attention span disordered struck brain of mine back to point - Travel. I have been travelling more than my age. Well it is said that my mom travelled till the 8th month of her pregnancy. I am proud of this fact. Not just travelling to places but also trekking away to glory in Nepal. Thank god she didnt climb to Everest. 1. I would die of low level of oxygen - remember my kedarnath fiasco. 2.she will set too high a standard for me to achieve. 3. paidha hote hi they dipped into ganges, last thing i want is to go directly to kailash

This is a common thread that keeps my whole family together. All said and done, me and dad are just ditto in most aspects. Travel, Music and Family - three most important legs of our lives like a tripod. 3 legs are enough and 3 legs are important. Especially when we travel as a family, there is this time off our daily routine - quality interactions and there is background music. My white Zen PB Q 007, is really a bond. It just has 5 digit odometer and it has covered all its digits more than 5 times. And even my bro s first road trip 300 kms without stop and he was not even 19 ( WTH :( ) I am happy he also shared my passion to travel in the ever contrasting beings we are.

This year I have a real aggressive travel plan - last year also i did but few had to be spilled over to this year due to unexpected happenings like THE CLUB - and meeting my bisons. So let me cover the spill overs first that needs to be squeezed into the unrealistic travel plans I have for 2012.

Spill Over:

* Lakshadweep - Andaman - Cruise
* Rafting
* Turtle hatching ( which I have already missed so would go to 2013 list)
* Ganpatiphule
* Harihareshwar
* Mahabaleshwar
* Lonar
* Pondy

Travel plan 2012:

* Kick off with the National Parks of India - mostly a 3 year plan
* Kerala backwaters
* Probably explore Pune 's nook and corners
* Ladakh "With Dad" i have kept this in quote because this was a promise and I dont want it to happen any other way.
* Kolkotta - would love a plastic surgery before I go


Spiritual:

* Complete 12 Jyothirling ( dont gape very few left - Can be easily struck off my list )
* Puri - That would complete my 4 Dham
* Not must but try to cover 4 of the shakti peet
* arupadai veedu
* Batu caves or Kataragama temple - mostly 2013
* Kollur Mooganbika, shringeri etc in and around Mangalore
* Manasarovar  / Amarnath
* Shani Signapur, Kohlapur, Nanded

Now that I am putting what was in my head into writing, I am scared to commit more than this. Well there are few more I have in mind. Also this seems more skewed towards temples but these are the ones i can easily accomplish.

Lets see how much I can make this happen. Hope boss gets a sneak peak into this :) Which boss??? ;) Talking about boss - all these seem feasible with this job but in case i have to change ( reason may be any - it would make this whole plan null and void )

Seems like small plan for usage of the word "Extensive" but in between the homesick puppy has to go home and also the social commitment of others marriages and n number of obligations that is shoved on me.



No comments: