Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bhaag zaroor Lena

Some months back succumbing to peer pressure, I decided to try marathon. Well as a child I hated to run. Those 100 mts, 200 mts and 1000 mts. After a certain speed ( which was considered slow for any human standards) i used to feel I am flying and still... i was never able to reach. The destination was too far.. I pondered why was this so? I realized that was because i was running for someone else's reason, along with someone else and competing against someone else. It was not for me. I realised the adrenaline kick was something that could motivate me to try something i hated so much... no points for guessing - Running. It was never about winning but it was about me finishing that 21 kms. How much ever tired you get just finish it. So the next time you run a marathon it is just about being better than what you were, even by few minutes. 

You challenge your own physical limits. After 7 - 8 kms it is not your physical ability but your mental ability you keep going. Trust me your body is not going to know till the next day. And before that you would have definitely finished the marathon. :)

Well crowd does help. You can find your inspiration. A old lady who over takes you to a disabled person to a husband who pushes his wife who is unable to run herself. It is about the spirit. Once you discover it, it is an addiction. You can never get enough.

So the idea is to take the marathon challenge to next level, we are trying to cover most cities where the marathon are held. Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi,  Hyderabad, Chennai, Vadodara, Pune are few that we have considered.