Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Politics in photography

Sounds like a serious topic and trust me it is nowhere close to what it sounds!!!

Whenever I go on any trip there are only two thing that end up happening - 1. either people are forced into taking my pics and i pose endlessly. So they prefer the second option that is give me the camera and i keep taking pictures endlessly. And I ensure no scene is missed ... WITH OR WITHOUT PEOPLE. Well my fellow passengers are happy because their misery is shared between horde of people.

"Where is the politics?"

Well politics comes into picture ( literally) when i am not allowed to maintain a balance. A balance between nature and people. Or even between people for that matter. More self obsessed you are about your pictures ( blame it on Facebook profile pics :P ) I would not want to take your pic.

And come on... if you have a SLR it would make more sense of clicking nature than profile pics. Well if i was to take pics of people i would do a photo shoot and i wouldnt be on trip. ( I would still not go back in saying trips are about people whom you travel with ... )

And then if you really want a natural setting I can always photoshop with the the nice nature photgraphy i did. Let me shoot in peace. I have seen people wanting to pose and then they run out of poses. Well imagine how boring it would be for the photographer. Then many a times like my partner would say - Photography is all about shooting too many times that few of them works. But it is all about reducing the bad shots or knowing what went wrong and how to reduce it. It is about being man and machine all at once. It is a form of art and indulge in it :)

No comments: